Happy happy haaappy
National Margarita Day
Welcome to our paaaartay!
And do I have a margarita for you! Ever since my experience with tzatziki last weekend, I am all over cucumber. And then recently I enjoyed my first ever Moscow Mule. You know...that vodka drink with ginger beer? Omg...ginger beer! Now that's some good stuff. And I don't even like beer! Ok, let me rephrase that. I really like beer margaritas. As in....that's my go to marg. And then there's this German beer that I've discovered called Hefeweizen that works for me.
Anyways, back to the cucumber and ginger beer. Ya....that's where we're going. It's cool, refreshing and snappy.
1 cup silver tequila
1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
Muddle the cucumber in the bottom of a medium bowl. Add the tequila, cover and refrigerate for a least an hour, or over night.
With a fine mesh sieve, strain the tequila, squeezing as much of the liquid out of the cucumber as you can.
I let mine sit in the fridge over night and was shocked at how strong the cucumber flavor and aroma had become. squeeeee!!!
Now squeeze a bunch of limes and lets get started!
Cool Margarita Mule1 part cucumber infused tequila
1 1/2 parts ginger beer
1/2 part fresh lime juice
1/2 part simple syrup
thin cucumber slices and lime wedges to garnish
Combine all of the ingredients and pour into a chilled margarita glass, rimmed with salt if desired, and filled with ice. Garnish with cucumber slices and lime wedges.
Now its time to go mingle and see what everyone else is up too. Between margaritas and margarita-inspired foods....I have a feeling this party will be an all nighter!
- Blood Orange Margarita from Sidewalk Shoes
- Blood Orange Margarita from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Caramelized Grapefruit Margarita from girlichef
- Cinnamon Orange Margarita from Sweet Life
- Cool Margarita Mule from Peaceful Cooking
- Iced Coffee Margarita from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Mango Margarita from La Cocina de Leslie
- Minty Papaya Margarita with Chile de Arbol Spice from Nibbles and Feasts
- Pomelo Margaritas from Food Lust People Love
- Winter Pomelo Ginger Margarita from Muy Bueno Cookbook
- Blood Orange Margarita Jello Shots from The Spiffy Cookie
- Pink Cadillac Margarita Cupcakes from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Salted Margarita Shortbread from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Strawberry Lime Margarita Cupcakes from Wishes and Dishes
- Strawberry Lime Aide Margarita Popsicles from Simply Healthy Family