We are smack-dab in the middle of BBQ season and this week on Sunday Supper we're all over it. Below you will find over 40 amazing recipes that'll cover just about anything you need for your next BBQ! Believe me.... we have you covered; beverages, appetizers, sides and accompaniments, main dishes and desserts!
Of course I've got an adult beverage for you all. If little ones are in the mix, by all means, make it a virgin. Just omit the alcohol. Easy peasy.
I see all sorts of amazing recipes that include grilled fruit. The sweet smokey layer that the grill brings out in is wonderful. I think it's about time that we bring that flavor to another level of enjoyment by adding it to our cocktails. Fruit and cocktails go together perfectly...so why not grilled fruit? It's a BBQ natural, in my book.
Looking at the recipes out there, I'm not the only one who has come to this delicious conclusion. I just wish I had realized it sooner.
Grilled Peach and Cinnamon Whiskey Sour
Inspired by Serious Eats
Makes 4 - 6 cocktails
2 peaches, halved and pitted
Neutral flavored oil, such as vegetable oil, to brush on the peaches
Juice from one lemon
4 oz cinnamon whiskey
4 oz brandy
24 oz tamarind (tamarindo) soda (can be found in Mexican or international markets)
Lemon and lime slices to garnish
Brush the cuts sides of your peaches with oil and grill on a medium hot grill until just tender and charred
Let cool before peeling the skin off. (this can be done a day in advance and stored in the fridge.)
It's super easy to get those skins off when the peaches are cooked. Still really messy...but easy.
Place the peaches in pitcher or bowl with the lemon juice and muddle away. Or you can put it in a blender and give it a quick spin.
Add the cinnamon whisky, brandy and tamarind soda and give it all a good stir.
Pour into a glass filled with ice. Garnish with the lemon and lime slices, sit back and finish grilling. Or better yet, keep someone else company while they finish grilling.
If you prefer a cocktail that's not so thick with fruit, by all means, strain out some of the peaches. Either way you're going to enjoy this cocktail. You're instantly hit with the cinnamon then it mellows into the tangy tamarind flavors before the soft sweet peach kisses your palate. It's refreshing and smooth going down. And before you know it, you need a refill.
Well, this is just the beginning. Take a look at the amazing recipes the Sunday Supper team has put together for you. I guarantee you will be inspired and delighted.
- Best Wines For A Summer BBQ Party from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
- Grilled Peach and Cinnamon Whiskey Sour from Peaceful Cooking
- How To Make Fresh Squeezed Lemonade from Life Tastes Good
- Pineapple Margaritas from The Messy Baker
- Stone Fruit Sangria from Because I Like Chocolate
- Strawberry Lemonade from Basic N Delicious
- BBQ Stuffed Calimari from Jane's Adventure in Dinner
- Cucumber Salad with Blackberry Browned Butter Vinaigrette from Nik Snacks
- Easy Fruity Salad from Hot Momma's Kitchen Chaos
- Grilled Corn on the Cob with Lime Butter from The Redhead Baker
- Jacques' Cucumber Salad with Onions from Food Lust People Love
- Mango Peanut Slaw from The Texan New Yorker
- Mom's Classic Macaroni Salad from Webicurean
- Roasted Strawberry BBQ Sauce from Bobby's Kozy Kitchen
- Two Tomato Chutney from What Smells So Good?
- Asian-Style Pasta with Gochujang Peanut Sauce from Wallflour Girl
- Barbecue Ribs from girlichef
- BBQ Stuffed Peppers from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Bistecca from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Competition Baby Back Ribs with Apple-Bourbon Barbecue Sauce from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Clams with Chorizo from Noshing With The Nolands
- Grilled Sanma from A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Grilled Shrimp with Lemon Basil from Nosh My Way
- Grilled Swordfish and Eggplant with Fusilli and Tomatoes from Cooking Chat
- Grilled Wings from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Lemon Oregano Spatchcock Chicken from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Mango Beef Kebabs from Curious Cuisiniere
- Steak Skewers with Chimichurri from Jelly Toast
- Sweet and Tangy Blueberry BBQ Chicken Pizza from Simply Gourmet
- Amazing S'mores 7-Layer Bars from Flavor Mosaic
- Banana Pudding Pie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Blackberry Cake from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Blueberry and Raspberry Galette from Rhubarb and Honey
- Farm Stand Blackberry Buckle from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Grilled Peach Crumble from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone Cream and Sweet Balsamic Syrup from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Hot Fudge Ice Cream Pie from Melanie Makes
- Lemon Ricotta Bars from The Foodie Army Wife
- Old Fashioned Sour Cherry Pie from Pies and Plots
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- S'mores Chocolate Cookie Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips