I have a thing for freezer jam. A lifetime love affair actually. If my taste buds had them, they'd drop to their knees with each bite. It's the fresh fruit flavor that gets me every time because freezer jam is never heated which means the fruit isn't cooked. You mash, dice, mix and pour. The only heated ingredients are the water and pectin.
And it's super easy to make. No special equipment needed other than your clean sterile jars.
Peaches are in season right now....juicy and bursting with flavor. Perfect for making jam. Add a bit of ginger and you've taken things to a whole new level. Fresh, sweet and zingy.
Did I mention easy? (just want to make sure that sinks in).
Wash and peel your peaches and you're ready to roll!
Here's a little ginger tip before you get started. Use the edge of a spoon to scrape the skin off your ginger.
Want another tip? Keep your ginger in the freezer. Not only does it prolong the life, but frozen ginger grates super easily!
Ginger Peach Freezer JamInspired by: Sure-Jell Peach Jam
3 cups cubed fresh peaches (about 2 lbs fully ripe peaches)
2 TB fresh grated ginger
2 TB fresh squeezed lemon juice
4 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup water
6 tablespoons fruit pectin
In a food processor, pulse your peaches until the desired chunkiness. Don't puree it. You want some of those bits and pieces of fresh fruit. This is jam, not jelly.
In a large bowl, combine the peaches, ginger, lemon juice and sugar. Let sit for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
In a sauce pan, combine the water and pectin. Bring to a boil then stir while boiling, for 1 minutes.
Add the pectin to the peach mixture and stir for 3 minutes.
Pour into sterile jars within 1/2 inch from the rim. Put on the lids and let sit at room temperature for 24 hrs.
Store in the freezer for up to a year. Once opened, it keeps in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Spread a little yumminess over your bagel and cream cheese for a breakfast treat.
Besides the obvious toast or bagel application, this will be great as an ice cream topping, or used as a glaze for some grilled pork tenderloin.
Today is all about peaches and our Sunday Supper team has got a bushel of recipes where peaches are the star....
- Bourbon & Peach Porkbelly Bites by Girl Abroad
- Cherry-Peach Bruschetta by Dessert Geek
- Grilled Peach Caprese with Blackberry Balsamic by The Crumby Cupcake
- How to Make Peach Gazpacho with Cucumber by Asian in America
- Peach Blueberry Burrata Quesadilla by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Brandy Peach Lemonade by Nosh My Way
- Citrus Peach Sangria by Sunday Supper Movement
- Dairy-Free Strawberry Peach Smoothie by Cooking Chat
- Frozen Peach Margarita by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Peach and Blueberry Wine Slushies by Cooking with Carlee
- Peach Ginger Bellini by kimchi MOM
- Peach Whiskey Smash by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Trà Đào (Vietnamese Peach Tea) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ginger Peach Freezer Jam by Peaceful Cooking
- Fresh Peach Cucumber Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Grilled Peach Summer Salad with Arugula and Haloumi Cheese byThe Hungry Goddess
- Italian Peach Panzanella Bread Salad by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Peach Caprese Salad with Balsamic Syrup by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Peach, Tomato and Mint Salad by Our Good Life
- Chicken, Peaches, and Arugula on a Focaccia Roll by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Peach & Basil Flatbread by My Life Cookbook
- Grilled Peaches and Shrimp Shish Kabobs by The Freshman Cook
- Peach Glazed Pork Chops and Stuffing by Life Tastes Good
- Pork Tacos with Grilled Peach Salsa by Baking Sense
- Roasted Flank Steak with Fresh Peach Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Any Fruit Custard Pie by Wholistic Woman
- Biscuit Topped Peach Cobbler by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Peach Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Blueberry Peach Coffee Cake by The Chef Next Door
- Easy Peach Cobbler Minis by April Golightly
- Frozen Peach Cheesecake by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Gluten Free Peach Apricot Crisp by Desserts Required
- Grilled Peach Melba by Hardly A Goddess
- Honey Almond Ricotta Stuffed Grilled Peaches by She Loves Biscotti
- No-Churn Peach Pie Ice Cream by The Redhead Baker
- Peach and Blackberry Crisp by And She Cooks
- Peaches and Cream Cobbler Popsicles by Crazed Mom
- Peaches and Cream Pie by Cooking on the Ranch
- Peach and Pistachio Tart by Caroline’s Cooking
- Peach Sherbet by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peach Honey Pecan Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Peach Willy by Monica’s Table
- Roasted Peaches and Lime Sorbet by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Peaches and Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Simple Peach Cobbler by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Spiked Skillet Peach, Pecan and Blueberry Crumble by From Gate to Plate
- Streusel-Topped Peach Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Summer Fruit Pie by Pies and Plots