There's been a lot of red carpet buzz going on lately. If you're all about that buzz and are attending or hosting a party, then you're in the right place. The Sunday Supper team has put together some amazing appetizers, main course dishes, desserts and beverages that are sure to impress even the A listers.
Black and White Olive Cheese PuffsInspired by What Can I Bring? Cookbook by Anne Byrn
40 large black olives, pitted
10-15 cloves of whole garlic in brine
8 oz white cheddar cheese*, shredded
8 tablespoons of butter, room temperature
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400' F.
Cut the garlic into strips that can fit inside the olives. Stuff each olive and set aside
In a large bowl, mix together the butter and cheese with an electric mixer for about 2 - 3 minutes or until creamy. This can also be done in a food processor, which will take about a minute.
Add the flour, salt and paprika (and optional cayenne pepper) and blend well. You might have to get your hands in there in order to get all the flour incorporated.
I divided the dough into 8 equal sections. Each section was then divided into 5 equal parts. This was to help insure that I had enough dough for all 40 olives.
This photo should give you an idea of what sizes I was working with. The wads on top were part of the initial 8 sections and the bottom wads are smaller parts, which are about 1 heaping teaspoon size.
Mold the dough around an olive,
Roll it in your hand and place on an ungreased, rimmed baking sheet. Repeat until all of the olives are wrapped in dough.
Bake until lightly browned, about 13- 16 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool or serve warm.
Delicious little, easy-to-pop-in-your-mouth appetizers. A little too easy if you ask me. Every time I walk past the plate, I'm popping another one in my mouth. The mildness of the garlic in brine was perfect inside the olives. It didn't overwhelm any of the other flavors going on.
*Now I have to confess a little something here. I didn't use just any ole white cheddar cheese. I happened to stumble upon, quite innocently, a brick of horseradish flavored white cheddar cheese.
It was spicy, and horseradishy and quite honestly, amazing! I omitted the cayenne pepper all together. If I had used regular white cheddar, of course I would've kept it.
Btw...If you want to save time, buy some olives that are already stuffed.
Now check out what else is walking down the red carpet and hopefully into your party!
Nominees for Best Supporting Appetizers:
- Beef Sliders with Sautéed Mushrooms, Onions, Bleu Cheese and Bacon by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Black and White Olive Cheese Puffs by Peaceful Cooking
- Cheddar Olives by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Chicken Boursin by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Citrus Avocado Shrimp Cocktail by Seduction in the Kitchen
- French Onion Sliders by Momma's Meals
- Herbed Butter and Cheese Popcorn by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Italian Guacamole with Pesto by Food Done Light
- Lobster Bruschetta by The Texan New Yorker
- Melon and Prosciutto Skewers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Cheese Balls by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Moroccan Beef Kefta Briouat by Manu's Menu
- Mushroom Pate by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Oysters Rockfeller by Noshing With The Nolands
- Pea Pesto Crostini by Ruffles & Truffes
- Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp by Casa de Crews
- Raspberry Brie Bites by Love and Confections
- Roasted Red Pepper Pinwheels by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Smoked Trout Stuffed Baby New Potatoes by Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Bites by Shockingly Delicious
- Sweet Chili Chicken Skewers by Nosh My Way
- Broccoli Calzones by eating in instead
- Bow Ties and Tails Galore by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Oscar by Palatable Pastime
- Indulgent Lobster-Champagne Risotto by The Weekend Gourmet
- Oscar Worthy Cantonese Lobster with Coconut-Ginger Rice by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Apple Ginger Martini by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Blood Orange Rosemary Spritzer by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cherry Almond Sparklers by Magnolia Days
- Iced Espresso Martini by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mixed Berry Martini by The Messy Baker
- Oscartini by Family Foodie
- Red Carpet Sparkler by Rhubarb and Honey
- Thank You Peary Much by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- 7-Layer Bark by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Caramel-Almond Latte Ricotta Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Champagne Truffles by Brunch with Joy
- Chocolate Covered Cherries by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Decadent Flourless Brownies by Recipe for Perfection
- Edible Oscars Envelopes by Sunday Supper Movement
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Crumble Peanut Butter Mousse Parfait Cups by Wallflour Girl
- Imitation Game Guinness Brownies by NinjaBaker.com
- Mini Strawberry Galette by Basic N Delicious
- Mini Strawberry & Chocolate Cheesecakes by Happy Baking Days
- No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake Shooters by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Popcorn Puppy Chow by Pies and Plots
- Sweet and Salty Popcorn Ball Bites by The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Tuxedo Cake by The Redhead Baker
- DIY Glitter Vases by Sunday Supper Movement